Wednesday, August 08, 2007

childish games, childish thoughts

Well, last week, I overheard a group of girls talking about their criteria of guys

"He must drive a car."

"He must dine in restaurants with me."

"He must buy me presents frequently and it must be expensive!

Well, I wonder what these girls are thinking. The point of having meals is to fill our stomachs. Of course we gotta eat with satisfaction. Well, I do admit when I was younger, I would want to go to those posh restaurants, I want a person who drives, I would want my guy to buy presents for me because by doing all these, I would feel loved, papmered etc. But do they ever think that all these are all superficial? What's the point of having all those when anyone can do that for you?! I can buy presents, I can drive around, I can dine here and there. But what matters most is that, you know that the person truly love you.

For instance, Terence and I do not dine and posh restaurants. WHY?! We are students and we get pocket money from our parents. I am not a shame that I go dutch with him. WHY?! Because, I have always been an independent person and I do not believe in having guys to pay for me. ( Reuben is the same, so is Dickson. ) I do not believe that I should rely on men. If I can't pay for MY BASIC MEALS, what makes me think that I can take care of myself?! Well, the only restaurants that Terence and I went was at Jack's Place, Crystal Jade and a buffet at Allson Hotel. And ALL these are all IMPROMPTU! Well, I rather have GOOD FOOD and sweat it out at a hawker centre rather then I eat at some restaurant, pay for the service charge, pay for the 7% GST, and then I am not sastified with the food. Honestly, Jack's Place do not serve fantastic food(Their standard is not consistent) and so far, only 2 outlets of Crystal Jade serves sastifactory food, that's Takashimaya and the Aiport outlet. Allson was kinda worth it la. For that amount of money and the quality of food. I think it was pretty okie.


See, in Singapore, where can u find REALLY GOOD FOOD at Restuarants? I mean, all food in ALMOST every Food Junction in Singapore are sucky! It would really worthy for me to go food hunting.


There will be a point in time when u feel that you are too contented with your life and you feel that you do not need anything more further. This is how I am feeling right now. I do not need anything more.

Well, something happened that made me feel so god damn bimbotic! Here's the conversation,



Me: My bf knows about planes from young. It's his passion.
Friend: Okie...


Me: And I know how to differentshape a 777 and 747. 747's engine sounds shallower.


Friend: NO! It doesn't!


Me: YES! My boyfriend tells me that!


Friend: Errr... your bf doesn't fly commercial planes right?!






AND I SHUT UP.The next day, I asked Terence.



Me: eh... a 747's engine sounds shallower right?


Terence: NO! 747 HAS 4 ENGINES!

I SHUT UP AGAIN! Wah Lau... I got my facts wrong. I remembered Terence told me about the comparision between a F5 and a F16! F5's engine sound shallower!

WAH LAU!!! WHAT A SHAME!


Anyway, Terence and I watched many movies! (All in order!)
What else can I say about Harry Potter?! It's so different from the story book. I'm not amazed at all. Rating: 2 out of 5 starsWell, Black Sheep is totally a waste of time. Storyline predictable. Do not watch it if you just had your dinner. Rating: 1 out of 5 starsSimpsons is rather cool la. Not bad. Storyline is like so so. But it's funny! Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.Coolness! Alone is fanastic. If you are a sucker for horror films, just like me, you will love it. Storyline is fantastic!!! Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

hahahas! Terence and I managed to catch the PREVIEW of The Secret. Marvellous. The storyline is fantastic. Love it! Rating: 4 out of 5. Do not ask me why 4 stars only. Maybe because I do not feel in place when I watched the movie. Just reminded me of someone. (:

Well, Im hungry now and Im gonna continue reading my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Eating and Reading. Hmmm...

-It seems that you are just not here.

No comments: