Tuesday, February 12, 2008

He's gone

His entire body was yellow and filled with dark pigmentations. His head was tilted up, eyes were closed. His heartbeat stopped. Doctors and nurses fled into the room and they tried to revive him. Fortunately, he survived.

13 hours later, her phone rang. It was the doctor. It doesn't sound good. He was pronounced dead minutes later.

Rewinding 15 years back, those memories seem to be so distinct. Having him, guiding my hand with tweezers, picking up live worms, feeding those worms to the birds that he kept. That's the only memory I will keep of him. Nothing more, nothing less. I do not care if everyone have a bad memory of him. So what if he is a bad person? That is the one and only impression I will have of him.

For now, he's gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience..

I remembered I was 9 or 10years old when he was first introduced to me. He had cool tattoos on his knuckles and he showed me how to do gym exercises w/o having to spend money at the gym. I remembered him teaching me simple self-defense moves and chiding me for being afraid of the bully.

But alas, it was only a days worth of memory but a distinct nonetheless.

Im sorry to hear of your loss. Be it a good or bad memories, many years from now, we shld be glad of having a memory unlike some who may not at all.

May he rest in peace. And may you find strength to proceed through this difficult period.